Growing Up: A Scam

Hiya! A pleasant day it is, ain't it? How has it been at your end? I hope you still remember to smile and cut yourself some slack?

Today's topic resonates with many of us.


Very recently, I clocked a year. Prior to this, I'd always believed growing up to be a scam. I'm glad to point out that this is quietly changing. Nonetheless, that doesn't excuse society for making demands of me before I was prepared.


I was told to go to school and gain an education. All glory to God, I passed through the primary, secondary and the so-much talked about tertiary institution.


Along the way, I was told when I grow up, the jigsaw puzzle would somehow fit. Well, I have no words for this. Maybe 'cause I'm still growing. All I have is a certain level of distrust against the system.


Reasonably, I'm discovering that growing up is an opportunity to become relevant and make an impact in the scheme of things.

We were such in a haste to grow up and we had no inkling that we were, living the dream. When we were young, we wanted to grow up and when we became adults, we realized that happiness was easier to find in childhood. Growing up is overrated.


Anyways, I'm still waiting to grow up and for everything to 'click' like it is meant to. I hope it happens before I die.


This is just a subtle reminder for us to arise and embrace growth.

Time is ticking.

Growing up is a continuum.


Even while you grow up, don't forget to actually Live.


Meanwhile, I'd like to grow my readership. Can you help me out by following and sharing this blog post?

Song Suggestion: The Older I Get by Alan Jackson

Now go kick some ass,

Faith, for the Royal Rubies

Comments

  1. So true.

    It's so important we learn to live our present.

    Thanks for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerfully summed up...
    "Don't forget to actually live"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to live while you grow👌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its clicked already, live the dream.
    😎 😎

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live while you grow...very apt👌🏾

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shuuuuu, that's my sister 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Growth can be painful though. Not growing is even more painful. I choose to pick the less pain ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uju! Happy choosing.
      Just don't forget to live😆👌. We'd accept you whichever you choose.

      Delete
  8. We will not forget to keep growing

    We will not forget that the future we dreamt about yesterday has come

    We will never forget to live

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!
      Our lessons mustn't be a waste.
      Thanks for your time.

      Delete
  9. "Anyways, I'm still waiting to grow up and for everything to 'click' like it is meant to. I hope it happens before I die."

    Me too o

    ReplyDelete
  10. "We were too quick to grow" waiting for everything to "click". We create our own 'mouse' to click with.
    Beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our mouse, 😂
      Alright boss.
      Thanks for your time sir.

      Delete
  11. Nice discovery. ''Growing up is an opportunity to become relevant and make an impact in the scheme of things ''...keep growing 😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Faith!
    The reminder to live while we're growing up is very timely for me.
    Thank you🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I still prefer my younger days. With nothing to worry about save for how to be adults.

    Great one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work at a tempo every reader will aspire to assent.The support is rightly coming out of our sheer concern to help build our person through inter-personal relationship.

    More springs to your heels.I duffed a cap for you already

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm Sa'eed Dabian a colleague and a classmate altogether from college. I commented the one before this,in case you may need to know did it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still do things that made me happy like dancing in the rain. though our people look at me like am too old for it,i tell them am living the life God has given me my own way.thanks Faithee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Redeem time.

Knowledge