An Angry Sulk

Hiya😉! Howdy, do? 


Regarding the Prodigal story, let's explore another perspective, shall we? 


My brother and I were born into royalty. As only sons, we were our Father's delight. We wanted for nothing, for Father coddled us beyond measure. He taught us basic tenets about His Kingdom. 



As an introverted individual, I preferred to take long walks out in the fields, for I loved the lush green expanse. My little brother, on the other hand, loved to hang out with his pals. I could never keep up with his energy. On one fateful day, I returned home to hear that my brother had made an outrageous request of my Father. I had hoped my Father wouldn't grant him his desire. But the following day, my brother had gathered all he had and moved away from home. I was annoyed that he didn't so much as bid me farewell. I reckon he knew I would dissuade him from his plans. Yet Father grieved over his absence. I hated that he even worried much about him. On certain occasions, I would find Father at the crossroad, watching and waiting. I tried to get him back home but he would say, "Let me wait a little, he might come back soon." I got so frustrated with Father's hopes. The more hopeful He got, the angrier I became.


And then one day, I was returning from my leisure walk when I heard the noise of celebration coming from the direction of my house. I asked the servant who came to collect my tote bag all about it. And he said my brother had returned. I felt anger welling up inside of me. I quickly strode in determination to find my Father and remind Him of the hurt my brother caused Him. Yet there Father was, beaming with smiles. I matched his excitement with such bitter rage. Father tried to appease me, yet I was too annoyed to care. 


God's love extends also to the older son, who gets into an "angry sulk."



Your imperfection is not enough reason for God to shove you away. Even if you sulk from today to hereafter, you can trust that God's arms would still envelope you. Take your sulking to the author and finisher of your faith.


Song Suggestion: Talking to Jesus Maverick x Elevation Worship.


Love and light,

😊

Faith, for the Royal Rubies.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Redeem time.

Growing Up: A Scam

Knowledge