Is No Synonymous to Rejection? Part 2

Hello there, howdy been? 

How is the weather at your end?

Last week on the blog, Rejections part 1, we established that rejections prepare us to be better as well as provide clarity. Join us today as we conclude.

                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 There has to be balance. I do not always take No for an answer.

About a few weeks ago, I got rejected yet again for an application, but that rejection did not sit well with me so I sent them another email stating my demands. I was not willing to take their alternative because it was contrary to what God told me. After that email, Abba said I should sleep and I did. When I woke up, I had received what I requested. So, you see. Sometimes the first no is not always the end but you can only know when you discern.

I learned to ask Abba. If this isn’t the way, can you lead me to the Your desired way?

No isn’t synonymous with rejection it means building a better path as you gain clarity. You’ve got this, my love.

Have you had any rejection with your application, I know it’s hard but instead of feeling rejected can you look at it as redirection. Can we change your perspective toward the event? Can you take a few steps back and ask the right questions? Do you need to fight your grounds or is it time to let go? What’s your peace gauge at?

Rejections in Relationships.

On my blog, Abba’s Pen, I shared how I felt rejected because a guy didn’t like me in that manner. My chestttt! I began to wonder what I could do to become likable but that wasn’t me. The end of my season with that guy taught me to love myself even more and to embrace who I am. It made me understand that I shouldn’t trade great friendships for feelings.

It made me caution myself too like why would I condescendingly look at myself. It revealed the state of my unguarded heart. That a ‘No’ can make you feel so rejected to the extent I question my entire esteem. This rejection without your consent silently opens the door for the devil to come in and steal your peace, joy, and love and then mentally destroy it. Exchanging the love of God in your winds with ill words until you become toxic to yourself. No wonder Scripture says to guard your heart, setting the right boundaries.

Guard your heart, my love. 

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23.

The 2 Right Lane Principle.

If Abba says no, trust Him. Avoid the collision. Learn to let go in love.

On the flip side, I remember when I said no to a guy even though He seemed perfect. It was difficult but the Holy Spirit taught me this using this analogy.

He said as I stood in the middle of the train station in Chicago. One train was going North, the other was going South. Abba asked, 'Jess do you know that these trains are going to a desired destination which is right but not the right destination that is for you?' What then happens if one train swerves to the other lane at high speed or compromises? I replied an accident.

Abba said that’s the same thing. Giving yourself in pieces to avoid the other party being broken by saying Yes would only leave you broken. So when the guy who liked me spoke, I explained to him respectfully how our paths were not in the same directions. We may be good, but bad for each other.

Avoid the collision. Learn to let go in love. I know it’s hard. Hugs my love.

It’s ok to understand that the dynamics of a friendship may change but don’t get so caught up with wanting or idolizing a romantic relationship forgetting that person might have been sent to you as a sandpaper person.

Sandpaper people are those God put in our paths to learn and become better people. Ask Abba to teach you the role of each person in your life.

Renew your mind, my love. No in relationships does not mean you are not good enough. Think about this: How would you build endurance, love, and patience if you had a yes to everything you requested and prayed for?

The most important fact in understanding rejection is that you are not alone.

You are not alone.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are — yet he did not sin Hebrews 4:15.

Jesus was rejected, but it didn't change who He was.
The fact that we said No to him did not make Him change His mind about you and me for the cross. Let your life reflect Jesus so much, even in cases you were rejected. Talk to Him about it. Go on, break that alabaster box before Him.

It's not easy, so when the thought comes, you must learn to give it to Jesus. Bringing every thought under his rule.

In summary,

What to do when rejection feels like a No

  1. Pray
  2. Talk to Abba unfiltered and to friends who are your safe place.
  3. Don’t isolate yourself for long because depression can creep in.
  4. Remind yourself of your value.
  5. Look for steps to improve.
  6. Ask questions.
  7. In relationships, guard your hearts. Don’t trade meaningful friendships but change the dynamics.
  8. See it as a growth process and clarity the process brought.
  9. Learn the lesson, listen to music and study the word with Abba.
  10. Move on, take your time my love, forget everyone's timeline, and walk.
  11. Be patient with yourself, try if you have to but don’t blame yourself.
  12. Remind yourself of the goodness of God over your life
  13. Speak into that situation.
  14. Bring to captivity every word Abba doesn’t approve of.
  15. Heal at a healthy pace.
  16. Paint. Take ice cream, take a walk.
  17. Extend grace to others when saying No.
  18. Show Love as you have been loved.
  19. Learn from your journey.
  20. Remember Abba loves you and you are not alone.

Romans 8:38–39

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. — Abba

My love casts out all rejection and fears. I love you.

I leave you with this reminder that No isn't synonymous to rejection.

Thank you for reading, I love you.

Jessica Mambula, for the Royal Rubies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redeem time.

Growing Up: A Scam

Knowledge